Pediatrics is the field of medicine dealing with the medical care of infants, children, and adolescents. The age limit usually ranges from birth up to 18-21 years of age. This field of medicine is very unique and diverse from adult medicine because immature physiology of infants and children is substantially different from that of an adult. Therefore, it must take into account when considering symptoms, prescribing medications and diagnosing illnesses.
Very unfortunately, congenital defects, genetic variance, and developmental issues are often seen in child medicine. It is also important to aware that parents are the decision maker for their children in health care. It is understandable that parents have to go through very stressful time once their loved ones have to face medical problems. Therefore, child doctors often have to treat and educate not only the child but also the parents and family for every consultation.
In order to prevent and/or detect disease early, regular check up with family doctor or child doctor is recommended for every child and parents should not be delayed to seek for treatment if child develop any symptom.
- Well baby Clinic
- Urology and Nephrology Clinic
- Allergy Clinic
- Dermatology Clinic
- Cardiology Clinic
- Pulmonary Clinic
- Gastrointestinal and Liver Center
- Neurology Clinic
- Infectious Disease Clinic
- Endocrine and Diabetes Clinic
- Neurology Clinic
- Orthopedic Clinic
- Hematology – Oncology and Bone Marrow Transplantation Center
- Growth development clinic
- Genetic and Down’s Syndrome Clinic
- Hearing Center
- Psychology Clinic
- Speech and Language development clinic
- Pediatric surgery Clinic
- Emergency Clinic
- Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
- Nursery and Intensive care Nursery (NICU)
- Rehabilitaion Center
Special Needs Children Center
Multidisciplinary team of pediatric specialists is trusted by many parents to provide accurate and helpful advice about the health of their newborns and children at Samitivej Children’s Hospital and Payathai3 Hospital.
In addition to providing a full range of standard pediatric services, children with special needs require a different level of care and treatment. In order to fill that need, “Special Needs Child Center” staffed by a specialist team of child and adolescent psychiatrists, psychiatric nurses, speech therapists, clinical psychologists and special education teachers. The center provides a wide range of services, including diagnosis, advice and treatment for children with behavioral, emotional and learning problems. The goal of the center is to provide these children with the best possible care by promoting physical as well as their psychological development as early as possible.
Available Medical Technologies
- Test of Variables of Attention (TOVA)
- Psychological tests that assess intellectual ability, academic potential, and mental and emotional functioning
- Assessment and stimulation of cerebral blood flow through Neurofeedback (Neurofeedback using a Hemoencephalogram machine)
- Assessment of physical change and stress relief through Neurofeedback and Alpha Chamber
- Snoezelen room or controlled multisensory environment (MSE). This room is designed to deliver stimuli to various senses, using lighting effects, color, sounds, music and scents, depending on the specific developmental disabilities of each patient, such as hearing, seeing, feeling and other senses.
Services are provided by a team of child psychiatrists, nurses, psychologists, clinical psychologists, art therapists, music therapists and special education teachers who have many years of experience in their specialized field.
- Analysis of problems concerning developmental, behavioral, emotional and learning issues in children in order to determine the most appropriate care and treatment
- Parent and caregiver training programs emphasizing child development
- Therapeutic nursery program including developmental training and behavioral therapy to prepare children with special needs for study in a regular classroom
- Individual or group therapy, as deemed appropriate for:
- Speech therapy
- Developmental promotion and behavioral therapy
- Learning through the use of special education teaching methods
- Music therapy for social rehabilitation, communication and imagination
- Neurofeedback using a Hemoencephalogram machine (HEG) in therapy (Additional Treatment)
- Bio-feedback using Biocomp and Alpha Chamber for reduction of stress and psychophysiologic disorder
- Play therapy
- Art therapy for children with behavioral and emotional issues
- Occupational therapy for children with special needs
- Parental training programs for children with autism and behavioral issues
- Social skills training for children with special needs
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy and symptomatic treatment with appropriate medication
- Symptomatic treatment with appropriate medication