About Samitivej Hospital
Samitivej Hospital is an award-winning facility in Bangkok, Thailand providing international-standard healthcare with JCI accreditation. Built in 1979, the hospital’s commitment to quality care and innovation has kept Samitivej Sukhumvit at the forefront of medical technology. Today, it has become a leading center for medical tourism in Southeast Asia.
Samitivej Hospital has been recognized by the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) and World Health Organization (WHO). In 1999, it was the first hospital in Thailand to be awarded “Mother & Baby Friendly Hospital” status. Other notable awards include the Prime Minister’s Award for Most Recognized Service in 2004, and accreditation by the Hospital Accreditation Board of Thailand. At Samitivej Hospital, our vision is to provide the highest standard of quality for our customers.
The hospital’s skilled team of caregivers and specialists, complemented by its wide range of highly advanced medical equipment, has successfully performed complex surgeries ranging from open heart to liver transplant. The hospital offers state-of-the-art technology and facilities. International Department provides foreign patients and visitors with around-the-clock assistance. The hospital also has an immigration counter to assist foreigners with visa and other immigration requirements.
Why Samitivej Hospital?
- Leading hospital in the healthcare industry in Thailand as well as Southeast Asia
- Award-winning facility
- International accreditation and awards (UNICEF) (WHO) (JCI)
- Provide international standard healthcare
- Offer the most comprehensive medical care possible
- Latest medical technologies
- Pleasant, healing hospital atmosphere
- Warm Hospitality of staffs
- Committed, talented team of physicians and nurses
- Holistic medicine specialists
- Provide free interpreters during business hours (8am-5pm)
- Located in the heart of Bangkok
- 275 bed tertiary care hospital with over 400 specialists
- Comprehensive range of specialist clinics such as liver and digestive centre, wellness centre, sport and orthopedic centre, centre for healthy aging etc.